Bombardier Transportation is a world-wide leader in rail technology. From mainline to metro, light rail to locomotives, our strategy is one of continuous development that provides the most effective and innovative rail solutions for today and tomorrow!
At Bombardier Transportation, 35,000-plus employees work together worldwide to move people and ideas forward. We don’t stand still, so why should you?
Rail Control Solutions (RCS) is Bombardier Transportation’s signaling division. RCS is focused on optimizing the flow of trains and delivering innovative signaling systems which enable the safe and efficient operation of rail networks and trains.
Based in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, you are responsible for providing assurance that the signaling system meets its safety requirements. You will identify requirements and formalize them into specifications as well as plan and perform analysis,review design and test documentation, and provide an independent opinion on the suitability of the signaling system to satisfy its safety requirements. You will work with project teams to ensure compliance with internal processes and safety standards.
In your role you will:
- Lead system safety analysis and validation activities for assigned signaling control system or subsystems;
- Identify and review the system / subsystem safety requirements, against the intended environment and intended use.
- Plan, coordinate and execute all tasks required to achieve project safety milestones;
- Partner with project teams to collect evidence and build the project safety case. Interface with internal or external safety assessors to achieve system safety certification;
- Develop system safety plans and prepare all activities required to provide assurance that the signaling subsystems, and the integrated system, satisfies its safety requirements, in compliance with applicable safety standards (e.g. CENELEC norms, IEEE standards, FRA rules);
- Identify system / subsystem hazards and conduct hazard analysis;
- Provide recommendations on the suitability of the signaling system / subsystems for intended use;
- Lead safety audits, inspections and/or reviews on the overall project;
- Review requirement traceability matrix and verification reports, with focus on safety requirements, to ensure analysis of requirements is correct/complete.
You hold a Bachelor's Degree in Electrical or Systems Engineering or related engineering discipline; a Master’s Degree will be considered an asset;
- You possess at least five (5) years of experience in the rail industry with a preferred focus in systems engineering, systems integration, testing or a related function;
- You demonstrate an excellent understanding of safety concepts and procedures within engineering as well as good knowledge of the development of safety critical integrated systems, and the entire system development life-cycle;
- You demonstrate the ability to operate independently while establishing strong working relationships with co-workers and cross-functional teams;
- You possess strong organizational and prioritization skills;
- You demonstrate critical attention to detail and deadlines, and are self-motivated;
- You possess the ability to adapt well to change in direction and priorities in a project and deadline-oriented environment;
- You demonstrate strong written and verbal English communication skills.