Job - Packaging Technician - 1st. Shift Location - Mars Area Pay - $10.00 / Hour. Hours: Monday thru Thursday, 7 am to 5 pm. Type - Temporary to Full Time Hire. Benefits - After accrued hours on full time, medical, dental, 401K, vacation, bonus
SUMMARY: A Packaging Technician responsibilities include lifting, moving, and dumping boxes of empty plastic bottles onto the production line. Technicians also assemble corrugated cartons into boxes, operate production equipment and re-label product as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lifts and carries bundles of corrugated cartons, plastic bottles, labels, and other raw materials to the production line. Loads raw materials onto conveyors keeping the production line full and running.
• Lifts and packs bottles of finished product as needed.
• Operates any of the following equipment as needed; bagger, de-bagger, labeler, filler, case packer, case erector and case sealer machines.
• Ensures product meets quality control standards. Re-labels and repackages damaged product to return it to market condition.
• Assists in department inventory and performs basic record keeping duties as needed.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to; walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds.