Maintains computing environment by identifying system requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring system performance. Services users in a break/fix capacity as well as assisting them in understanding and working with the computing environment and policies.
· Establishes system specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing system infrastructure.
· Establishes systems by planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of PC and server hardware, software, LAN networks, and operating and system management systems; defining system and operational policies and procedures.
· Maintains system performance by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating and system management systems; escalating application problems when necessary.
· Secures system by working with and assisting in development of system access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; establishing and testing disaster recovery policies and procedures; completing back-ups; maintaining documentation.
· Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
· Upgrades system by conferring with vendors and services; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements and new software for purposes of security and business case need.
· Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
· Act as tier one support for local and remote users, escalating when necessary.
· Must be on-site to act as support when needed for ALL events at the PPG Paints Arena.
· Updates job knowledge, and proactively seeks professional improvement by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
· Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
· Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
· Desire to grow into a larger IT role personally and within the organization.
· Deep understanding of Microsoft Active Directory. Specifically user, group and security administration as well as a good understanding of the advanced features.
· Deep understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
· Mid-level understanding of Microsoft SQL Server 2005, 2008, 2012 administration.
· Mid-level understanding of Microsoft SharePoint Services and development.
· Mid-level understanding of VMWare.
· Mid-Level understanding of EMC SAN technologies, specifically VNX and Source One.
· Mid-level understanding of network technology. TCP/IP knowledge is a must.
· Mid-Level understanding of Cisco switching equipment. (Configure ports, configure vlans, edit vlan membership, configure PoE, configure and use EIGRP).
· Basic understanding of Cisco Call manager and Unity voicemail.
· Mid-Level understanding of HP Blade Center server technology.
· Deep knowledge in PC/Laptop hardware technologies and repair.
· Deep knowledge of user facing software. Specifically Microsoft Office suite, Windows update services, anti-virus, spyware/malware removal.
· This position will be a main point of contact for our users and requires a person who is customer service oriented and is willing to work very hard towards keeping our users productive.
· Desire to learn about technologies that would normally not fall within the typical IT realm.