Lead varying levels of database developers embedded within Agile application teams through the design of database structures to support business requirements, application development, testing and production support…Pyramid Consulting Group has a Pittsburgh client with an immediate need for an experienced ORACLE DBA MANAGER to develop strategic database application roadmap focusing on reducing technical debt within legacy applications and streamlining data processing functionality.
* Construct an implementation plan with associate project schedules;
* Develop an improved data warehouse with a defined data governance process to improve business analytics and reporting capabilities;
* Manage the application deployment, monitoring, maintenance, and support of all database application systems, including tuning and supporting database and 3rd party software upgrades, and nightly batch processing;
* Work with stakeholders to define business and systems requirements for new database application implementations. Keep current with the latest technologies;
* Manage financial aspects of the IT projects, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review;
* Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for database spending and initiative;
* Manage Database Application Team staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation, and disciplinary actions.
The client is looking for the following background and skills:
* Education/Certifications High School diploma or equivalent Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline preferred;
* Certification in Oracle database administration and development is preferred;
* At least seven (7) years related work experience required and Fifteen (15) years related work experience with five (5) years management experience preferred;
* Strong programming lifecycle knowledge for database centric application development;
* Strong transactional programming knowledge of database application development Application support and development for data warehouse environment including ETL processes;
* Extensive application support experience;
* Strong technical knowledge of Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server database technologies;
* Strong technical knowledge of development principals for Exadata engineered systems, Oracle Data Integrator and Oracle PL/SQL;
* Proven experience in database infrastructure planning and development;
* Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
Pyramid Consulting Group is a recognized leader in today's Information Technology staffing industry. Founded in 1996, Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is a professional firm specializing in I.T. Consulting and permanent placement services in the greater Pittsburgh area.
The Pittsburgh Technology Council and The Pittsburgh Business Times have recognized Pyramid's accomplishments by honoring us as one of the Top Fastest Growing Businesses and "Top 50" for many years.
Regardless of the position, Pyramid presents clients with the highest quality of candidates. We conduct business with clients and candidates personally and professionally, building strong relationships with both.
Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon sex, race, religion, marital status or national origin when making a decision to hire an individual.
2800 Corporate Dr Ste 101
Wexford, PA 15090-7604, US