Administration & Customer Service, Healthcare, Information Technology
TITLE: Technology Technician Intern
BASIC FUNCTION: To assist in the administration and maintenance of the CLASS network and infrastructure – including software and hardware tasks; to be available and able to assist agency staff with all technology issues; to be responsible for any assigned duties such as managing the HelpDesk and or being involved in any I.T. projects; acquire and strengthen all professional technology skills necessary to meet agency and staff expectations.
SCOPE: Reports to Technology Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be enrolled in a Bachelors or Associates degree program with a strong focus on computer sciences or a related I.T. field preferred. Must be able to work independently including the ability to initiate, problem solve, prioritize and track projects. Must demonstrate excellent communication skills and the ability to work in a team environment often closely with staff.
- Monitoring and supporting staff when they are accessing the network both locally and remotely; via the HelpDesk system.
- Gaining a working knowledge and expertise with deployed solutions from vendors like Microsoft, CISCO, VMWare, and CITRIX.
- Assisting staff in better managing and utilizing all in-house databases – these include both SQL based and cloud based systems.
- Working with the CLASS Centre Community and Education Program to help administer any software or hardware needs; this can include a wide range of differing assistive technology devices and resources.
- Completion of all necessary documentation as needed. This includes internal knowledge base articles, as well as staff related cheat sheets and forms.
- Assisting staff and guests of CLASS with wireless connections, projection needs and or any other technical requests when necessary.
- Configuring and setting up equipment including workstations, laptops, thinclients, printers and all other peripheral equipment and software.
- Assist in other technology projects as assigned by the Technology Director. - All other duties as assigned.
- Carry out the above listed responsibilities in a humanistic and sensitive manner.
- Render and accept criticism in a sensitive manner.
- Follow any and all confidentiality and privacy policies in place.
- Demonstrate at all times positive interactions, interpretations and images of people with disabilities.
- Able to take responsibility for increasing one’s knowledge of technology.
- Complete all tasks in a timely fashion with high quality of work.
Additional Salary Information: This is a PAID internship opportunity.