Work as part of a global product development team to develop software and firmware for the controller, I/O subsystem and simulation product lines…. Pyramid Consulting Group has a Pittsburgh client with an immediate need for an Embedded Software Engineer with experience in a VxWorks RTOS and VxSIM environment.
* Develop real-time embedded software for the Ovation controller and I/O subsystem;
* Develop virtual controller-based software to support the Ovation simulation platform;
* Develop control and simulation algorithms;
* Development of required design documentation according to the PWS technology development processes;
* Provide internal and external support for both new and legacy products as needed;
* Conduct requirements/functional specification/design reviews for new products;
* Track and report progress and schedule for assigned projects;
* Provide direction for small local or offshore development teams.
The client is looking for the following background and skills:
* Expert level knowledge of C/C++ programming;
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
* At least five years' experience in development of real-time, embedded Software in an RTOS environment such as VxWorks;
* Ability to understand and extend legacy code written by others;
* Knowledge of x86 and/or ARM architectures;
* Knowledge of TCP/IP socket level network programming;
* Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink and/or code generation tools;
* Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering – Master's Degree Preferred (experience will be considered in lieu of an advanced degree
* Good verbal and written communication skills Ability to work on a team – which may be part of a global team);
* Ability to travel - 5% Travel required (may be international).
Pyramid Consulting Group is a recognized leader in today's Information Technology staffing industry. Founded in 1996, Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is a professional firm specializing in I.T. Consulting and permanent placement services in the greater Pittsburgh area.
The Pittsburgh Technology Council and The Pittsburgh Business Times have recognized Pyramid's accomplishments by honoring us as one of the Top Fastest Growing Businesses and "Top 50" for many years.
Regardless of the position, Pyramid presents clients with the highest quality of candidates. We conduct business with clients and candidates personally and professionally, building strong relationships with both.
Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon sex, race, religion, marital status or national origin when making a decision to hire an individual.
2800 Corporate Dr Ste 101
Wexford, PA 15090-7604, US