Develop software applications for power plant simulators…Pyramid Consulting Group has a Pittsburgh client with an immediate need for a SIMULATION SOFTWARE ENGINEER to work as part of a global development team. These simulators consist of all types of fossil power plants; sub-critical and super-critical pulverized coal, simple and combined cycle, hydro plants, renewables (e.g. wind, solar, geothermal etc.) and electrical systems/grid effects. The simulation environment is integral to the Ovation® distributed control system and consists of the execution/solving environment for executing mathematical models of plant equipment (e.g. heat exchangers, boilers, turbines, generators etc.) as well as engineering tools required for the engineering, debugging and deployment of power plant simulators.
* Development of simulation usability and improvement tools;
* Development of simulation support structure software (underlying communications);
* Development and maintenance of numerical solving mechanisms, processes and libraries;
* Production of design documents, UML diagrams, user documentation;
* Support of project engineering teams in debugging software related issues.
The client is looking for the following background and skills:
* A B.S degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics or related Engineering discipline;
* Extensive experience and/or course work in any of the following (preferably all): Simulation software development;
* Development in a Microsoft Windows environment Development of numerical intensive simulation/engineering/physics applications;
* Engineering applications development in a .net environment;
* Must have ( C/C++/C#) development skills:
* Experience developing applications in a windows environment is required;
* Experience with full-lifecycle projects, formal software development methodologies and UML Deep understanding of data structures and algorithms is a required.
* At least a working knowledge of the following technical areas will be considered a plus- Microsoft Team Foundation Server or equivalent source code control system, experience with Perl or Python scripting is desirable; Numerical Methods for solving Differential/Algebraic equations; experience with Real-time Operating Systems (e.g. VxWorks) is highly desirable; embedded programming.
Pyramid Consulting Group is a recognized leader in today's Information Technology staffing industry. Founded in 1996, Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is a professional firm specializing in I.T. Consulting and permanent placement services in the greater Pittsburgh area.
The Pittsburgh Technology Council and The Pittsburgh Business Times have recognized Pyramid's accomplishments by honoring us as one of the Top Fastest Growing Businesses and "Top 50" for many years.
Regardless of the position, Pyramid presents clients with the highest quality of candidates. We conduct business with clients and candidates personally and professionally, building strong relationships with both.
Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon sex, race, religion, marital status or national origin when making a decision to hire an individual.
2800 Corporate Dr Ste 101
Wexford, PA 15090-7604, US