Cernostics is a diagnostics company focused on delivering next generation cancer diagnostics and prognostics through a unique approach to tissue analysis. Cernostics takes a tissue systems biology approach to anatomic pathology. Its patent-protected technology platform, TissueCypher™, uniquely analyzes whole slide digital images with multiplexed fluorescence, providing greater information and accuracy than traditional subjective tissue diagnostics.
Cernostics, Inc is seeking a Scientist at our laboratory in Pittsburgh, PA. The purpose of the Scientist is to assist with clinical and research duties related to tissue-based cancer diagnostic testing. The successful candidate will perform multiplexed immunofluorescence slide labeling, digital slide imaging and image analysis, cell culture, and data management for both research and clinical testing, as well as work with clinical collaborators on validation studies, supervise technical staff and perform other clinical and research duties as assigned. Recent PhD-graduates and experienced candidates are welcome to apply for this laboratory-based position. The candidate of choice will be hired into the level that is commensurate with their educational background and experience.
• Conduct tests on patient samples using Cernostics proprietary tools and established protocols, including preparation of laboratory reagents, immunofluorescence labeling of tissue slides, digital slide imaging and image analysis
• Cell culture
• Management of digital imaging and analysis data and patient metadata
• Design and execute studies to validate multiplexed fluorescence assays, including image analysis elements
• Conduct routine analytic performance studies to support clinical laboratory operations
• Supervise the work of technical staff
• Other laboratory duties as assigned
The candidate of choice will have:
• Ph.D. in the Life Sciences
• Outstanding written and oral communication and organizational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Strong ability to work in a technical, team-oriented, standard operating procedure-driven environment Preferred Skills
• Specific experience with immunolabeling, fluorescence microscopy, cell culture and image analysis
Email your cover letter and CV (both required) to email@example.com
About Cernostics, Inc
Cernostics is a leader in tissue-based diagnostic testing, providing diagnostic tests with deeper tissue insights, better patient outcomes and lower cost of care. Our mission is to quantify the complexity of the tissue system, providing physicians and patients with individualized, actionable information to improve outcomes and reduce the incidence and mortality of cancer. Cernostics is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. Applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, color, religion, national origin, age and disability (so long as such disability can be reasonably accommodated) or any other status protected by applicable law. Cernostics encourages all qualified applicants to apply.