**This position is in Carmel, IN. Relocation is available. And any cost incurred during the interview process will be reimbursed. No remote work at this time.
Creates and delivers high quality technology solutions in conjunction with the architecture, development and business teams.This position will apply knowledge of software architecture, solution implementation experience and comprehensive understanding of technology to solve many unique and challenging problems.
ESSENTIAL capabilities AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Lead change by researching and prototyping new and creative solutions that enable core business capabilities
•Craft well aligned architectures to solve challenging business problems
•Perform design and code review services and provide consulting services to development teams to ensure business requirements are met
•Design generalized solutions across problem domains using a common set of architectural assets to maintain consistency
•Collaborate with stakeholders to help set and document technical standards
•Provide technical leadership and architectural oversight on complex projects to assist business units
• Contribute to the evaluation and recommendation of new technologies to increase efficiencies
• Formulate application architecture strategies with a focus on reusability, total cost of ownership, time-to-market and high availability
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
•BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Math, related technical field or five + years equivalent practical experience in software architecture
•MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Math, or related technical field, preferred
•Experience with software development and expertise in architecting and rolling out new software technologies and solutions
•Experience designing and implementing high-performance, large-scale enterprise applications for mission critical solutions
•Expertise in Agile methods, software development lifecycle management, continuous integration, build and release management and managed environments
•Experience creating and delivering technical collateral including case studies, best practices guides, whitepapers and reference architectures needed for driving adoption
•Strong commitment and understanding of software quality processes appropriate for high-availability, mission-critical systems
•Experience developing applications for mobile platforms is a plus
• Time Management – Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline oriented environment with minimal supervision.Must be well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy
• Computer Skills – Must have intermediate skills in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Industry Knowledge – Gas, Electric or Power Systems experience, preferred
GENERAL CORE COMPETENCIES
• Effective Communication – Must have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.Ability to read and comprehend instructions, policies and procedures.Ability to transform thought leadership into written form and deliver presentations to various audiences in a public forum.
• Customer Service - Ability to provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
• Teamwork - Ability to collaborate, negotiate and work with cross functional teams.Ability to coordinate with cross-functional departments and stakeholders to complete projects on time.
Ability to seek regular feedback and contribute meaningfully in meetings
• Results Orientation - Driven, results oriented individual who is self-directed and can deal with ambiguity.Holds self-accountable for producing accurate, timely and high quality work products
• Operational Excellence – Has a strong passion for technology and desire to drive change and collaborate with others to identify efficiencies and process improvements.Embrace change and the focus on continuous improvement
• Business Acumen - Has an awareness of Stakeholders role in the industry and the ability to distinguish the different market segments
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND CAPABILITIES
Must also be proficient with the following:
Expert level knowledge of developing and debugging Java
Exceptional critical thinking skills – able to decompose complex problems and prioritize issues
Knowledge of SOAP, REST and related approaches to integration
Knowledge of SOLID object oriented design principles
Knowledge of XML technologies (XML, XPath, XSL, XML Schema, RNG, DTD, XQuery, DOM, etc.)
Knowledge of build and deploy patterns (Canary, Blue-Green, A/B releases, etc.)
Knowledge of NoSQL designs, Fluent APIs, micro-service architectures, functional reactive programming (FRP) and related agile methods
4 openings. Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Raeder Landree, Inc. (www.raederlandree.com) is a Pittsburgh based technical consulting and recruiting firm with its office located in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Raeder Landree Team is very proud of the fact that we have been providing outstanding, quality-based Technical Solutions in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown areas since 1995.
Raeder Landree, Inc. pr...ovides Solutions expertise in Information Technology.
• Staff Augmentation (contracting)
• Direct Hire Placement
• Contract-to-Hire Option
Raeder Landree, Inc. works with clients to understand their unique business requirements and strives to become a valued proactive member of their team.
Candidates look to Raeder Landree, Inc. to provide opportunities to increase their technical expertise and career growth.
Current Client Industries being served:
• Heavy Metals
• Software Development
Our team of Account Managers and Recruiters are senior level professionals with over half the team having ten years or more experience with Raeder Landree, Inc. This experience is critical when working our Clients’ challenging engagements.
Raeder Landree, Inc. is very proud of its sourcing capabilities and maintains an active local proprietary database of over 50,000 professionals in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown areas with broad experience in many diverse environments. Our sourcing capabilities range from providing full project teams to a single individual resource to supplement our client's resident team.