* Corp to Corp candidates will not be accepted for this position
We currently have a need for a JAVA and/or C# programmer. We have begun a process of eliminating our older systems and the successful candidate would be working on a 4-5 year development project rewriting these applications. We are about 8 months into the 5 year effort.
Primary Technical Qualifications
- JAVA, Linux, Oracle 11
- C#, Windows, Oracle 11 or Rdb databases
- Apache, Websphere, Tomcat, iis containers
General Job Qualifications
- College Degree in Computer Science (or similar Major) with a GPA of 3.25 or better
- Must have strong technical skills in the areas listed below
- Must be a self starter and demonstrate they strive to "over achieve"
- Must be a good problem solver
- Must have strong analytical skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to prepare and execute test plans
- Must have good communication skills (willingness and ability to communicate to all levels of the organization)
- Must be comfortable providing task/project estimates to management on a weekly basis (and updates before being asked, when they are behind schedule)
- Must show signs they can grow into a leadership role in 3-5 years and take on progressive responsibilities through merit and hard work
- Manufacturing Experience is preferred but not a requirement
- Candidates will work in an office area 99% of the time but will occasionally be asked to travel in the plant. They need to be capable and feel comfortable walking through the facility dressed in hard hat, safety glasses, metatarsal shoes, flame retardant clothing,...etc (all provided by the company). A company escort will be present for all mill travel in the initial 9-18 months (until a comfort level exists).
- Recent college graduates with very little experience must have demonstrated achievements in other aspects of their lives that can be used as an indicator of future achievement.
- This is a contract programming position in the Information Technology group with an extremely high chance of being hired as an employee in a few years if they prove their worth and are patient
- Work will consist of system enhancements and short term development projects as well as some system support, this is occasionally after hours.
- Applications may be in the area of Safety, Quality, Plant Floor Operations and Administrative Systems
- Some Application Development will be on Tablet PCs
- Assignment has no end date.
Additional Salary Information: Salary based on experience
Northeastern is a successful Information Technology and Engineering Staffing firm that has been servicing companies of all sizes across multiple industries throughout Pittsburgh and its surrounding areas since 1986. We specialize in recruiting Information Technology and Engineering professionals for Staff Augmentation “contract” and Direct Hire “permanent” positions for any environment.