The Report Developer will provide technical support to the various Business Units in developing reports and in the extraction of data sets. This involves writing data retrieval queries. The Report Developer will employ technologies that adhere to standards established by management.
- Report development role primarily in BI environment; Secondary development in SSRS or Microsoft Power Tools for Excel.
- Utilize Visualization Tools and Skills to develop, detect and promote understanding of data patterns, trends and correlations to further business insights.
- Participate in developing data models and provide design consultation to support Corporate Business Initiatives.
- Participate in business analysis activities to gather required reporting and business requirements
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement the required reports and dashboards, created from potentially multiple data sources
- Provide support as required to ensure the availability and performance of developed reports and dashboards for both external and internal users
- Ensure proper configuration management and change controls are implemented for your sphere of influence
- Provide technical assistance and cross training to other team members.
- Design and implement technology best practices, guidelines and repeatable processes
- Must be able to perform duties with moderate to low supervision
- Maintain compliance with development life cycle including documentation, programming, testing and deployment
- Provide technical assistance, collaborate with and exercise cross training opportunities with other team members
- Take personal initiative in all development activities and perform duties with moderate to low supervision
- Acquire and sharpen technical, critical-thinking, and creative design skills
- Aggressively acquire and refine business knowledge to facilitate continuous improvement initiatives
- Maintain a continuous understanding of data structures and available elements.
The ideal candidate will have proven skills in:
- Multi-dimensional report authoring: MicroStrategy or similar BI Environments preferred
- Relational databases and querying languages including SQL, Stored Procedures, Functions, Views, CTEs and other database concepts
- Data Warehousing concepts and data extraction from Cubes; understanding of Multi-Dimensional data models
- Choosing appropriate visualizations to match business insights requested
- Designing multidimensional data constructs and understanding which data structures are required for various analysis modes
- Effective in verbal and written communications skills.
- Translate business requirements into data extraction queries to generate the necessary output.
- Self-motivated, independent, cooperative, flexible, and creative.