Support Services (50-60%) • Actively manage day to day network backend operations including resolution of routing, switching, communication link, and bandwidth issues to meet a 99% uptime SLA. • Analyze network performance and implement solutions for improvement. • Actively monitor and maintain Network ticket support queue; updating and re-prioritizing issues as required to maintain issue SLA. • Provide technical assistance to end users, vendors, and business groups as required. • Actively manage and maintain unified communications environment to monitor health, manage business rules, and complete upgrades and maintenance. • Actively manage and maintain MPLS and WWAN terminal environment to monitor health, manage outages, and upgrade/replace hardware as needed. • Actively manage and maintain Cisco ASA firewall environment including resolution of issues, updating of rule sets, and management of firmware updates. • Management and monitoring of web filtering and access to external resources (HTTP, FTP, etc].
Implementation Services (20-30%) • Implementation of datacenter network technology, policies, procedures, and standards. • Work independently on complex projects serving as lead as well as working within a team environment throughout project implementation. • Review, upgrade, and replacement of current datacenter technology systems and products on a 3-5 year ongoing cycle.
• Research new technology and present recommendations and justifications on moderate to major hardware and software purchases.
Administration (10-15%) • Work directly with supervisor to strategize and plan 3-5 year network services, capabilities, and self-goals. • Lead, mentor, and/or provide guidance to less experienced analysts, where applicable, including guidance for troubleshooting escalated issues.
• Regularly communicate project status and ensure accuracy of project documentation. • Timely submission of daily hours and status reports, salary calendars, and project documentation. • Document and maintain access, processes, and operating methods. • Draft support documentation (knowledge base articles). • Attend and actively participate in team and department meetings. • Participate in 24x7 support and on-call rotation as required; available by cell at all times. • Assist and work on enterprise projects as required within IT organization. • Assists operations, business analysts, and vendors in troubleshooting business service problems where needed.
• 5-7+ years of hands-on experience with network design, administration, and support in a Microsoft networked environment. • Education: Associates Degree in an Information Technology discipline and/or 7+ years of industry experience OR a Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology discipline and 5+ years of industry experience. • Certification: CCNA Routing and Switching/CCNA Voice or CCNA Collaboration preferred • Strong level of expertise in the following areas: Cisco Unified Communications stack (Call Manager, Contact Center, Presence, Unity) SIP Trunking Support and Management MPLS and Wireless WAN Infrastructure (Sprint/Verizon) Security and IDS Management URL Filtering Support and Management VPN and 2-factor authentication (Cisco/RSA) POTS/PSTN lines, Cabling (66 block, CAT5/CAT6 EIA/TIA 568B, FCoE), Intercom/Paging Cisco ASA Support and Management Cisco NX-OS Support and Management (Nexus Series) Cisco WCS/Meraki Support and Management Cisco Routing and Switching BGP/EIGRP Support and Management Carrier and Vendor Management Monitoring and Incident Management (SolarWinds, OPNET) On-premises datacenter and remote data closet management (cabling, connectivity, cooling, power backup, etc.) Network Asset Management and License Management • Cloud computing service understanding and network impact experience. • High level of experience in a highly virtualized, converged datacenter environment is a requirement. • High level of experience using service desk tools for ticket management (HEAT). • Full understanding of desktop operating systems, hardware configurations, and software. • Strong ability to work with others, delegate work, and be a positive influence and role model in a fast paced team environment is required. • Strong level of experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project. • Good technical writing skills and ability to speak to different audiences on their terms.
• Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills. • High level of effort and commitment to performing quality work. Ability to operate effectively within the organizational structure and demonstrates the ability to work under pressure, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines. • Maintain a high level of technical skill by attending technical seminars, training courses, and completing certifications. Communicates this knowledge to others as required. • Strong skill in providing technical training (one-on-one, small group or formal presentation)
The Pittsburgh Business Times recently named CompuGroup Technologies as the overall fastest growing privately held Professional Services company and #7 overall on the Pittsburgh top 100 listing of our area’s fastest-growing, privately held companies for 2013.
CompuGroup Technologies Mission:
To help our customers create practical business benefits from IT Solutions and Provide high quality and... cost effective Consulting services (ERP, Infrastructure, Web Applications, Mainframe Systems) in all Industries domain.
CompuGroup Technologies Offerings
CompuGroup Technologies delivers senior information technology consultants to clients who need them for critical projects.
Our clients say we consistently deliver the highest quality consultants and the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
Areas of Expertise
• Project Management and Business Analysis
• ERP: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Business Intelligence: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Business Objects,Cognos, Informatica
• Customer Relationship Management: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Supply Chain Management: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Database Administration: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2
• Application Development: Java/J2EE, .NET, C#, C++, Visual Basic, PL/SQL
• Mainframe Systems: COBOL, IMS, JCL, CICS