I have a contract role for a Help Desk/Technical Support Analyst that could go permanent.
• Provide comprehensive technical support via phone, email or chat for the efficient resolution of technology issues and requests. By following standard Service Operations protocols; greeting customers, allowing customers to fully describe problems, obtain a sense of the customer’s priority, negotiate appropriate time frames within departmental Service Level Agreements and follow-up on issues if unable to resolve problems during first contact.
• Follow customer service monitoring protocols, use judgment, skill and technical knowledge to determine if an escalation point is necessary.
• Utilize the Service Management Application to log all support issues into the incident database. Assign appropriate priority, document incident details fully within work notes, use knowledge database when necessary for resolution, take ownership of the customer interaction and provide timely feedback to all internal and external customers.
• Resolve as many incidents as possible, following the Service Operations Incident Management Process. Use Instant Messaging, Knowledge Database Solutions, Internet searches, etc. and escalate in the event that a reasonable solution cannot be found.
• Meet Monthly Metric Objectives – Calls answered, availability, percentage of calls/chats, first line resolution, and customer survey scores as outlined by Mgr. of Service Operations. (Metrics available via Service Management Application and Call Center Software Reports.)
• Troubleshoot issues by utilizing excellent customer service, problem solving, technical thinking/reasoning, and a high level of individual judgment to ensure outcomes of the customers satisfaction.
• Installation of software independently or with the assistance of other personnel.
• Development of or updating documentation on technical configurations or knowledge base articles as necessary to effectively provide customer service.
• System administration skills and abilities are required to complete account creations, modifications, and deletions.
• Ability to manage and triage multiple incoming priorities effectively by multitasking.
• Provides off shift coverage as needed for the department in the event of vacations and/or illness.
• Acts as Incident Workflow Coordinator (IWC) as scheduled/assigned. This includes monitoring unassigned incidents in the Service Management Application, assigning to appropriate team members, and handling critical outages/issues based on the Service Operations protocols.
• Monitor call queues, intervals, abandoned rates and agent availability to minimize response time.
Knowledge, Experience and Education
• Minimum of one year’s experience in the use of desktop and/or server hardware and Microsoft operating systems is required.
• General Proficiency with current Windows platform and/or server operating systems and utilities is required.
• General Proficiency in current MS Office suite of products is required.
• At least one MOS or comparative certification within information technology; Master MOS (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word Expert and Excel Expert) is required within 6 months of start date.
• HDI Analyst certification is required within 12 months of start date.
• Experience supporting remote access – Citrix, VPN, Mobile Devices, Secure Auth, home networks, etc. is preferred.
• A+ Hardware, Network+ certification is a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Communication skills: Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, the ability to read,analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals and technical documentation. The ability to effectively present and communicate information to management and other personnel.
• Documentation skills: Strong documentation skills, the ability to write reports, business correspondence and technical documentation.
• Problem Solving Skills: Strong analytical skills, the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization and/or specific direction exists.
• Decision making skills: Strong judgment skills, the ability to apply discretion resulting in appropriate resolutions.
• Troubleshooting skills: Strong deductive reason skills, the ability to analyze issues and determine root cause and identify appropriate solutions.
• Ability to arrive to work on time, and adapt to flexible work hours as necessary to meet business requirements.
Raeder Landree, Inc. (www.raederlandree.com) is a Pittsburgh based technical consulting and recruiting firm with its office located in the South Hills area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The Raeder Landree Team is very proud of the fact that we have been providing outstanding, quality-based Technical Solutions in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown areas since 1995.
Raeder Landree, Inc. pr...ovides Solutions expertise in Information Technology.
• Staff Augmentation (contracting)
• Direct Hire Placement
• Contract-to-Hire Option
Raeder Landree, Inc. works with clients to understand their unique business requirements and strives to become a valued proactive member of their team.
Candidates look to Raeder Landree, Inc. to provide opportunities to increase their technical expertise and career growth.
Current Client Industries being served:
• Heavy Metals
• Software Development
Our team of Account Managers and Recruiters are senior level professionals with over half the team having ten years or more experience with Raeder Landree, Inc. This experience is critical when working our Clients’ challenging engagements.
Raeder Landree, Inc. is very proud of its sourcing capabilities and maintains an active local proprietary database of over 50,000 professionals in the Pittsburgh/Cleveland/Akron/Youngstown areas with broad experience in many diverse environments. Our sourcing capabilities range from providing full project teams to a single individual resource to supplement our client's resident team.