The Technical Support Specialist is responsible for providing Tier I and II technical support via phone, email, and web for Mobile Aspects customers. This position is in our Pittsburgh based Technical Support Center (TSC) and interfaces with our customers, partners, Engineering, Product Management, and Sales organizations globally.
• Provide prompt and courteous technical support to customers via phone and e-mail.
• Assist with all facets of Mobile Aspects TSC by helping to identify customer issues by isolating and resolving the issue or by proper escalation.
• Troubleshoot the customers support request using the available tools and resources while following the appropriate processes and procedures.
• Provide proper diagnosis and resolution to the customer.
• Keep accurate notes and details on customer support requests.
• Be available to work various shifts and the on-call list in order to provide 24x7 support, as needed.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of troubleshooting and testing procedures.
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of training materials and documentation for the TSC
• Document software and hardware problem defects for review and corrective action.
• Meet with internal Mobile Aspects teams to provide the customer's perspective on our products and
• Teach periodic classes to other TSC members on technologies and processes learned.
• Handle miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as defined by management.
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to Tier I and II support specialists.
• Assist in defining, measuring and monitoring key performance indicators.
• Ensure TSC procedures are followed and recommend procedure changes when necessary.
• Ensure key performance indicator goals are met, such as days-to-close.
• Ensure successful escalation of support issues from Tier I Support Specialists
• Review Tier I and Tier II tickets for accuracy and completeness.
• Meet with Product Management to define product requirements and ensure adequate supportability
• Follow the development life-cycle of products and attend cross-functional meetings as necessary.
• Act as a subject matter expert for Technical Publications and Training.
• Recommend necessary training for TSC as new products are released.
• Work with manager to determine strategy for improving key performance indicators.
• Provide technical training to new employees.
• Participation in any and all activities centered around the success of our partners and customers.
• Bachelors or Associates degree in computer science, electrical engineering or other technical discipline with at least 1-2 years of industry experience.
Strong communication skills, written and oral, and comfort working in a high-pace, high-stress environment (e.g. hospital operating rooms).
Working knowledge of computer hardware, advanced electronic components, computer maintenance and basic network administration.
•Experience with customer-facing technical support and customer success management
Mobile Aspects provides hospitals with Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) solutions to streamline the processes and allow their workers to spend more time on patient care. The company sells an integrated suite of supply, asset and patient tracking systems that increase their revenues and help them comply with health and safety standards. In the fast-paced environment of a hospital, Mobile Aspec...ts RFID systems eliminate manual compliance, such as manual data entry and bar code scanning, while providing accurate and real time information. Many of the top hospitals in the world rely on Mobile Aspects to improve their operations and increase profitability.