Our client is currently seeking anApplication Developer looking to work in a fast-paced creative environment. Agency experience preferred. Candidate must have at minimum of 5 years of application development experience.
* Work with customers, Project Managers and Business Analysts to evaluate business requirements and processes to provide possible solutions and accurate estimates for development efforts, including development, automation, testing, and reporting.
* Designs, develops, tests, implements and supports solutions and enhancements for systems and processes.
* Generate, test, and document program code. Debug and resolve moderate to complex problems.
* Assists in integration of, and communication between, purchased solutions.
* Reviews team work products for quality and adherence to standards (peer code review).
* Modify existing applications (or write new ones) of moderate to high complexity and scope, working with applications systems designs and specifications and utilizing standards, procedures, and techniques.
* Operate in an environment that adheres to ITSM and Lean principles, Agile and Waterfall methodologies, as well as the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC).
* Independently perform problem determination and resolution in the production environment.
* Coordinate testing and debugging for programming changes and assist subordinates with debugging, whenever necessary.
* May act as system expert, answering business questions and pursuing/following up with answers when they cannot be initially provided.
* Responsible for problem resolution and correction of production/operational problems as assigned.
* Stays up to date with IT technology issues, trends and developments and communicates back to management and departments both issues and opportunities, and assists in developing and improving procedures, standards, and best practices.
* Prepare and update system documentation as required.
* Mentors others in areas of expertise, including current technologies, systems, business practices, and standards.
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively with business clients, IT management and staff
* Ability to own deliverables from beginning to end with little direct supervision
* Possess strong non-technical skills including, but not limited to, problem-solving, work prioritization, communication, self-direction, and time management.