The SQL/Database Engineer is responsible for analyzing customer SQL environments for recommended maintenance, assisting in creation of SQL scripts, interact in a team environment to diagnose and resolve customer relates issues and incidents, analyze queries and stored procedures data, provide guidance to support analysts for problem resolution, and other duties as assigned.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Analysis of customer SQL environments for recommended maintenance. • Assistance in creation of SQL scripts. • Act in a team environment to properly diagnose and solve customer related issues. • Interaction with both support analysts and programmers for customer incident resolution. • Analysis of Solar Winds queries and stored procedures data. • Provide guidance to support analysts for problem resolution. • Other duties as assigned.
• SQL Database experience required. • In-depth knowledge of relational databases and stored procedures. • In-depth knowledge of database structures and maintenance. • Intermediate to advanced skills in writing complex SQL statements, functions and views. • Experience in JIRA or other equivalent Kanban board preferred. • Experience in Solar Winds preferred. • Experience with .NET and VB6. • Strong analytical skills. • Acute problem solving (outside the box thinking). • Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously. • Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. • Five years of relevant work experience. • Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
The Pittsburgh Business Times recently named CompuGroup Technologies as the overall fastest growing privately held Professional Services company and #7 overall on the Pittsburgh top 100 listing of our area’s fastest-growing, privately held companies for 2013.
CompuGroup Technologies Mission:
To help our customers create practical business benefits from IT Solutions and Provide high quality and... cost effective Consulting services (ERP, Infrastructure, Web Applications, Mainframe Systems) in all Industries domain.
CompuGroup Technologies Offerings
CompuGroup Technologies delivers senior information technology consultants to clients who need them for critical projects.
Our clients say we consistently deliver the highest quality consultants and the fastest turnaround times in the industry.
Areas of Expertise
• Project Management and Business Analysis
• ERP: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Business Intelligence: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Business Objects,Cognos, Informatica
• Customer Relationship Management: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Supply Chain Management: SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
• Database Administration: Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2
• Application Development: Java/J2EE, .NET, C#, C++, Visual Basic, PL/SQL
• Mainframe Systems: COBOL, IMS, JCL, CICS