Define and implement architecture principles and patterns for this large organization…Pyramid Consulting Group has a Pittsburgh client with an immediate need for an experienced DOMAIN ARCHITECT to assist with establishing key architecture standards, tools, best practices, and methodologies to enable the Company's target state and enable its architecture evolution and alignment across company. This role focuses on the long-term architecture and strategy for the SOA services and solutions that enable operations.
* Work with the solution architects to expand shared application and data service creation and consumption across solutions;
* Work across teams to drive solutions to problems with high system interdependency;
* Oversee the architecture for development of cross-functional, multi-platform systems;
* Promote the appropriate architecture and design principles and patterns to be leveraged for every technology enabled solution;
* Document system architecture and define application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools;
* Provide technical guidance to application development teams, consult on integration and conversion issues and participate in mapping technology-independent application architecture to the chosen technology platform;
* Lead domain visioning road maps, ensuring alignment with the strategic direction of the enterprise and domain;
Identify strategic and tactical solutions and be able to influence and negotiate with colleagues and business partners;
* Analyze business requirements and develop functional/system specifications.
The client is looking for the following background and skills:
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience;
* TOGAF, modeling tools such as Sparx;
* Experience with defining and implementing architecture principles and patterns. Knowledge of TOGAF;
* Experience with WMS, SOA, Messaging, and database technologies;
* Thorough understanding of established application design frameworks;
* Working knowledge and experience developing large scale systems and real-time interfaces between heterogeneous systems;
*Experience working in an agile development environment is a plus; and
* Project management, system analysis, and design experience is helpful.
Pyramid Consulting Group is a recognized leader in today's Information Technology staffing industry. Founded in 1996, Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is a professional firm specializing in I.T. Consulting and permanent placement services in the greater Pittsburgh area.
The Pittsburgh Technology Council and The Pittsburgh Business Times have recognized Pyramid's accomplishments by honoring us as ...one of the Top Fastest Growing Businesses and "Top 50" for many years.
Regardless of the position, Pyramid presents clients with the highest quality of candidates. We conduct business with clients and candidates personally and professionally, building strong relationships with both.
Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon sex, race, religion, marital status or national origin when making a decision to hire an individual.
2800 Corporate Dr Ste 101
Wexford, PA 15090-7604, US