The EHR Support Specialist is responsible for the ongoing support and continued implementation of Electronic Health Records software within client organizations. The EHR Support Specialist is expected to communicate effectively with direct client staff and to coordinate and utilize all aspects of the deployed EHR solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The EHR Support Specialist will serve as the initial support interface for our client’s EHR systems. Responsibilities will include:
- Investigating and managing the resolution of reported issues with the system. Efforts to include determining and implementing solutions to problems were feasible as well as escalating to client support and actively managing the ultimate resolution.
- Serve as a liaison between clinical, finance, and IT departments; recommending software enhancements based upon evaluation and feedback from end users.
- Support ongoing reviews of paper documentation and participate in the development of electronic templates and documents where feasible. Support business operations staff with streamlining process for ultimate capture within EHR solution.
- Develop and administer training program to end users as required.
- Assist in resolving problems related to overall system implementation
- Manage communication between clinical staff and management.
- Effectively demonstrate the capabilities of EHR software to potential clients, include hosting online software demonstrations when necessary.
- Create reports and documentation as assigned.
Bachelors or Associates in IT/Healthcare Administration/Healthcare Informatics is required.
In-depth experience and understanding of clinical workflows - preferably behavioral health.
Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
Ability to clearly communicate technical information with all levels of management and end users
Strong organization, time management, analytical and problem solving skills
Experience developing EMR templates, documents, and work flow analysis (helpful)
Understanding CMS billing and coding requirements (helpful)
Knowledge of best and emerging practices in IT along with confidence and the ability to assist in managing IT resources and projects.
High degree of organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities including the aptitude to prioritize multiple functions and tasks, flexibility and attention to details.
Commitment to supporting the client organization’s missions along with sensitivity of cultural and workplace harmony.