On the Job Details Page you can Apply, Email, Save, or Print the job.
Career Connector Job ID: 44214
10/6/2013 12:00:00 AM
5435 Howe St
Pittsburgh PA 15232-2205
See all jobs at this company
| Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Information Technology / Business Analysis
Education & Training / Non-Technical Training
Education, technology, management, customer service
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
About the Position
BloomBoard Account Managers play a pivotal role in day-to-day operations and have a great deal of responsibility: they serve as the bridge between customer needs and product development. Day in and day out, they work directly with educators to adapt the BloomBoard technology platform to the unique needs of each district and school. Account Managers should have no more than 3-4 years experience in either the education industry or a technology startup. The position does not have any employee management responsibilities. The position will be based in our Pittsburgh office and will include extensive virtual collaboration with the BloomBoard California team. We are looking for ambitious individuals who can join our team as soon as possible.
- Managing the day-to-day needs of key BloomBoard accounts: public school districts, charter schools, and organizations using BloomBoard’s technology tools to manage their teacher observation and evaluation process, accelerate teacher growth, and provide targeted support and professional development content.
- Building and maintaining strategic relationships with account leads: superintendents, principals, state leaders, directors of technology and professional development.
- Onboarding new accounts on the BloomBoard platform: working with account leads to customize and configure the BloomBoard product to meet each account’s specific needs and evaluation process.
- Delivering web-based product training for teachers and district leaders.
- Troubleshooting issues with customers and working closely with the BloomBoard engineering team to track bugs, feature requests, and new product enhancements, and to communicate updates to customers.
- Participating in strategic initiatives to continuously improve customer satisfaction, incorporate customer feedback in product development, increase internal operational efficiency, and demonstrate the value of BloomBoard’s premium products to customers.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Passionate about education, teacher quality, and improvement.
- Comfortable in an entry-level position with the potential to grow into management responsibilities.
- Knowledgeable about the education sector and key issues in education reform.
- Creative and resourceful, and interested in solving ambiguous problems with limited resources in a lean startup environment.
- Excited about the opportunity to spend 90% of their time working directly with customers: solving customers’ issues, meeting customers’ requests, and collaborating with customers over email and phone.Impeccably professional and comfortable acting as one of the company’s brand ambassadors.
- Highly collaborative yet self-sufficient.
- Able to execute and implement, not just strategize.
- Patient and adept at handling difficult and high-pressure situations.Tech-savvy and interested in working on a technology product.
BloomBoard, a venture-backed education technology startup based in Silicon Valley, is an individualized marketplace of educator professional development. It provides districts and states with free observation and evaluation tools in order to implement federally mandated teacher and principal observations. BloomBoard then uses the data collected to build individualized learning plans for teachers aligned to an open marketplace of professional development providers, resources, and workshops. BloomBoard is excited to be in the process of establishing a new office in Pittsburgh. This office will help BloomBoard best serve its east coast based customers by establishing a strong presence in the vibrant Pittsburgh startup community. Learn more at: www.bloomboard.com
About the Team
We’re a small, passionate, and ambitious group in Palo Alto, CA and Pittsburgh, PA committed to solving difficult problems and improving education. We work really hard, but we also laugh a lot and enjoy each other’s company. The perks of working at BloomBoard include:
- Great salary and equity
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Work From Home Fridays
- Free beverages and snacks
- Ability to work remotely
Contact Information for Interested Candidates
Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.