On the Job Details Page you can Apply, Email, Save, or Print the job.
Senior Visual Basic NET Developer
Career Connector Job ID: 44245
7/19/2013 12:00:00 AM
Software Specialists, Inc.
401 Smith Drive
Cranberry Township PA 16066
See all jobs at this company
| Full benefits, health, vision, dental, 401K, bonus
Information Technology / Web Development
$75,000 - $85,000
Full benefits, health, vision, dental, 401K, bonus
Senior Visual Basic/.NET Developer
The Senior Visual Basic/.Net Developer position is responsible for design, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This is considered an experienced Visual Basic developer position and requires technical skills and expertise in Visual Basic and .Net technologies. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates.
Essential Functions Strategy & Planning
* Provide input and direction to solutions for client requirements.
* Identify and implement both technical and process improvements and solutions.
* Maintain a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
* Design application and database compo nents for large-sized development projects.
* Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
* Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
* Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
* Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
* Handle project and task management and reporting as necessary.
* Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
* Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
* Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
* Train and share knowledge with development teams.
* Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
* Minimal travel as required.
* Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required
Knowledge & Experience
* 5+ years IT experience.
* Proven ability to work with customers to build and formulate business requirements.
* Possesses broad knowledge of .NET/VB.Net.
* 2-5 years of experience with Windows Application Development in VB6.
* 2+ years of demonstrated experience with object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
* Experience with writing SQL.
* Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
* Proven ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
* Proven ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Requires good leadership skills.
Formal Education & Certification
* Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org