On the Job Details Page you can Apply, Email, Save, or Print the job.
Senior Oracle Developer
Career Connector Job ID: 44548
8/2/2013 12:00:00 AM
Software Specialists, Inc.
401 Smith Drive
Cranberry Township PA 16066
See all jobs at this company
| Full Benefits
Information Technology / Database Administration
$85,000 - $95,000
The Sr. Oracle Developer role is to define, develop, test, analyze, and maintain the Oracle HCM applications and payroll interfaces in support of the achievement of business requirements. This includes writing, coding, testing, and analyzing technical objects within the application in support of the business function. The Developer will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the production life cycle.
Strategy & Planning
* Collaborate with developers, business analysts, and business users in conceptualizing and development of new technical objects within the HCM applications.
* Analyze and assess existing procedures to allow the application to respond to business changes.
* Evaluate requirements from functional specifications to create efficient technical design.
Acquisition & Deployment
* Develop complex technical objects in accordance with the technical development st andards and best practices.
* Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
* Develop, deploy, test and maintain technical objects that exist in Oracle applications production environment.
* Provide customer support for business critical application problems and issues.
* Assist with testing and deployment of Family Pack upgrades to keep application release level current.
* Proactively work through service requests with Oracle support as needed.
* Coordinate work efforts with the DBA team for application change controls and system performance issues.
* Partner with business analysts and application super users to successfully complete projects.
* Assist with large scale projects may be required to contribute to efficiency, effectiveness and success of the project.
* Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
* Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
* Train and share knowledge with development teams.
Knowledge & Experience
* 5+ years IT experience.
* 5+ years progressively responsible Oracle ERP application implementation and support experience.
* Proven experience in SQL, PL/SQL, SQL Loader.
* Proficiency in Oracle HRMS E-Business Suite, including core HR, Advanced Benefits, and Self Service HR modules preferred.
* Strong understanding of inbound/outbound interfaces to/from Oracle application.
* Experience with HRMS integration with ADP or any other payroll preferred.
* Well versed with data models and interfaces for applicable Oracle application modules.
* Oracle knowledge and familiarity with the 2 or more of the following tools: Unix Shell Scripting, BMC, APEX, Discoverer, Java.
* Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
* Strong written and oral communication skills.
* Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, an d technologies quickly.
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks.
* Ability to effectively move forward on tasks even with ambiguous or changing requirements.
* Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
* Bachelor degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Yes - 10%
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your resume to: