At Tech Elevator, our instructors are accomplished software developers that have a passion for sharing their knowledge and expertise with our students. We believe that a great mentor can be the catalyst for successful transformation. As such, our instructors are at the heart of the Tech Elevator experience.
Teaching technical skills and supporting career change is challenging work, but when the students have a great experience and succeed in their transformation the work is both meaningful and personally rewarding. You will have the rare opportunity to make a lasting impact on the lives of your students.
- You are comfortable and confident guiding students through structured lesson plans while sometimes needing to diverge from the lecture track to give real-world examples based on your own experiences.
- You are honest and open with your students and display a genuine desire to help them learn and grow. You have the emotional intelligence to recognize when a student might be struggling. With empathy and patience you can offer support and motivation to support student development. At the same time you are able to keep your highest performing students engaged with additional challenges.
- You are capable of translating your own career experiences into advice for aspiring developers. As the primary point of contact with your students, your understanding of their strengths and preferences will help maximize their access to Tech Elevator’s career resources.
-You are willing to research and explore best practices in teaching and are able to contribute to the ongoing evolution of a comprehensive curriculum, with supporting exercises to produce valuable junior developers who can add value from day one for our employment partners.
- You will embrace the opportunity to play a leadership role in the local software community, speak publicly and position Tech Elevator as the premier resource for the region's tech talent.
- You are comfortable networking; identifying, recruiting and training a stable of like-minded and dedicated instructors to ensure the quality expansion of our program.
Prior experience with training/instruction is a plus, but not required. If you are passionate about developing others and have a track record of mentoring, we will support you to become a great teacher.
Additional Salary Information: Competitively aligned to senior developers in the market
About Tech Elevator
Tech Elevator is a progressive training provider helping individuals and companies acquire in-demand technology skills for the modern workforce. The core products are C#/.NET and Java coding bootcamps teaching students to become junior software developers through an immersive 14 week program.Tech Elevator also fully supports student career goals through connections to an extensive hiring network, and through the Pathway Program™, a soft skills and career readiness track.
Founded in 2015, Tech Elevator has emerged as one of the highest quality and fastest growing programs in the nation. Located in Cleveland, Columbus and Cincinnati, Tech Elevator is planning expansion to multiple new locations. As an early member of the Council on Integrity in Results Reporting (CIRR), Tech Elevator has taken a proactive approach to transparency. Their results speak to their focus on quality and on student outcomes.