Clear Story, a Pittsburgh-based professional creative services firm specializing in artistic technical production and architectural lighting design, seeks a Full Time Technical Director.
PROJECT AREAS INCLUDE:
• Architectural Lighting Design
• Artist Technical Services
• Theatrical and Entertainment Consulting, Design and Construction
• Special Event Design and Management
• Public Art installation
• Workshop and Warehouse Logistics
• Manage fabrication, finishing, and logistics of structures, mockups, and scenery
• Manage material handling at shop and on job site
• Drafting design documents, construction documents, and integration details
• Project budgeting
• Assist in the creation of materials related to our lighting design practice
• Assure proper storage and care of shop facilities, equipment and materials/supplies
• Interface with clients and manage expectations
ABOUT CLEAR STORY:
Clear Story is a team of skilled professional artists, designers, and technicians working to create dynamic and memorable experiences — fusing light, images and technology. From architecture and fine arts to historical exhibition and performance, Clear Story has led and participated in complex collaborative projects under demanding conditions.
Clear Story’s design practice is characterized by a highly developed artistic vision that values creativity, collaboration and imagination. Clear Story possesses the technical proficiency, rigorous attention to detail, and strong project management required to design and deliver architectural lighting projects that align with the aesthetic preferences, functional requirements, and operational demands of the owner and end users. Additionally, Clear Story has broad experience managing and producing performance and public art events, delivering outcomes that dazzle audiences and exceed client expectations all over the world.
Since the founding of the firm in 2007, Clear Story has continued to expand its menu of services which now include: public art consulting and management; permanent and traveling exhibit design; theatrical and performance productions; interactive experience development; custom software and controls integration; interior and exterior architectural lighting design; projection design; special event planning and production management; art handling, preparation, and preservation.
• Ability to work in rapidly paced dynamic creative environment
• Proficiency with both power and hand held tools
• Intermediate computer proficiency - Email, Internet Research, Spreadsheets
• Intermediate CAD drafting proficiency - Vectorworks (preferred) or AutoCAD
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
• Knowledge of rough and scenic carpentry
• Knowledge of rigging
• Ability to lift and carry at least 50 pounds, and ability to bend, squat and climb ladders and
• Valid PA drivers license
• Ability to work evenings and/or weekends and overtime as needed
• Knowledge of lighting and operation of audio/visual equipment
• Knowledge of computer networking
• Ability to drive cargo vans and large box trucks
• Basic electrical knowledge
• Welding proficiency.
Additional Salary Information: Full time with benefits and paid time off.