Compensation: $36,000 to $50,000 yearly, depending on experience. Bonus available
Travel: Required 50% of the time.
Responsible for the sales development of corporate products and/or services to prospecting new and existing clientele. This position independently and effectively prioritizes daily responsibilities through established performance-based sales objectives. Key attributes consist of being self-reliant, while working in a team environment, and must possess high in-person presentational skills, while continually maintaining a professional image for the company.
• Maintain and expand sales of company’s portfolio of products in existing accounts and develop new business within assigned territory.
• Act alone and as liaison for company to increase market penetration.
• Continually develop growth opportunities within assigned territory.
• Meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales targets through efficient and effective sales cycles and territory management as defined by company.
• Conduct the required amount of sales presentations per week by physical visits at business prospect locations.
• Directly communicate with the prerequisite number of decision-makers per month through the use of various communication methods, marketing strategies, and sales techniques.
• Effectively emphasize product demonstrations and service features and benefits.
• Successfully quote pricing, negotiate credit and contractual terms, while overcoming objections of prospective customers.
• Build and foster a network of referrals to create new opportunities for revenue growth.
• Ensure follow-up by generating qualified leads with calls-to-action, dates, complete profile information, and sources.
• Gathers, analyzes and delivers information from the field to allow the company to develop market penetration strategies.
• Effectively conduct informational presentations within business seminars and trade shows.
• Maintain accurate records, including sales call reports, expense reimbursement forms, and other documentation as directed.
• Make front-line assessments of market conditions and advise company of findings.
• Build and maintain ongoing awareness of new products and services, competition activities, and other important market data.
• Utilize marketing data and related sales tools to maximize sales efficiency and productivity.
• Always maintain a high level of professionalism, tact, diplomacy, and sensitivity to portray the company in a positive manner.
- University or college degree or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Typically requires 3+ years of direct work experience and competence in an external sales capacity.
- Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas and objectives.
- Experienced in opportunity qualification, pre-visit planning, call control, new business development, and time and territory management.
- Successful history in qualifying opportunities involving multiple key decision makers.
- Strong knowledge of sales principles, methods, practices, and techniques within the industry.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Exceptional ability to clearly, concisely, and accurately convey communications in verbal and written forms while possessing strong listening and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated with high energy and an engaging level of enthusiasm.
- Able to perform basic calculations and mathematical figures.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Possess high levels of integrity, morals and work ethic.
- Professional demeanor, selling style, and appearance.
• Travel within assigned territory is over 50% with a significant degree of over-night travel.
• Ability to travel to, attend, and conduct after-hours networking functions and presentations.
• Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals.