POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Operations Center Manager, the Operations Center Engineer is accountable for handling a wide variety of issues. Inbound calls, working with the clients by responding to issues, working tickets and owning the ticket until it is resolved are some of the tasks handled by the engineer.
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Operations Center Engineer will work closely with the other staff members under the Operations Center Manager’s direction with responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
• Work out of the Pittsburgh, PA Network Operations Center.
• Respond to alerts and tickets from various monitoring systems.
• Troubleshoot problems ranging from server issues to user PC issues.
• Document resolutions and update procedures that may be outdated.
• Handle inbound calls from helpdesk and monitoring clients.
• Take ownership of tickets and customer interactions.
• Must provide quality customer service.
• Escalate and remediate client issues.
• Report critical incidents or problems that become too complex for self-resolution.
FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES: In addition to the responsibilities outlined above, the Operations Center Engineer is responsible for the following additional responsibilities and duties:
• Assist the Operations Center staff as needed with special projects and other duties.
• The NOC Engineer must be flexible to work all shifts including some holidays and weekends.
EDUCATION: Associates degree preferred. Relevant and significant industry experience may provide as a substitute for the education requirement. Microsoft, Cisco and VMware certifications recommended
EXPERIENCE: Minimum of 6 months experience in administering/supporting any of the following.
• LAN/WAN environments
• Network Operations Center
• Help desk or relevant customer service skills
• Microsoft, Cisco and VMware certifications recommended
• Microsoft Windows 2008/2012/2016 and Active Directory
• MS Office Suite
• DNS, DHCP and TCP/IP
• Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
• VMware VSphere 5.0 and above
• Knowledge of back up technologies
• Knowledge of security practices and policies
Magna5 delivers network services, unified communications, infrastructure technology and managed services to more than 7,500 mid-market enterprise customers nationwide, including leaders within the education, healthcare, government, financial services and beyond. Magna5 offers voice and data services, as well as a host of “above the net” cloud services and operates a proprietary, secure network designed to leverage diversified carriers and infrastructure in targeted points-of-presence (PoPs) throughout the United States, a key strategy for network reliability. Within the managed services offerings, Magna5 provides security services, data backup, recovery management, hosting services, and IT Consulting from their 24/7/365 fully staffed Operations Center. Headquartered in Dallas, Magna5 operates office and network facilities across the country, including Albany, NY; Los Angeles; New York City; Pittsburgh; Portland, OR; San Antonio; Seattle, and Troy, NY. Magna5 is a portfolio company of NewSpring Holdings’ voice and data managed services platform, part of NewSpring Capital’s dedicated buy and build strategy. For more information, visit www.magna5global.com.