Define and drive multiple processes (Backup/Recovery, Provisioning, Encryption, Production Management, Patching, Performance Management, Monitoring, OEM vs. MEM)…Pyramid Consulting Group has a Pittsburgh client with an immediate need for LEAD MYSQL DBA/ARCHITECT with heavy MySQL Production Support/Management.
* Architecting and designing new MySQL foot print and rolling out the program across enterprise environment;
* Install, patch, upgrade, configure, tune and maintain MySQL databases;
*Troubleshoot critical performance bottlenecks for MySQL databases;
*Review and assess the impact of database design changes prior to their implementation;
*Collaborate with other IT teams and Vendors to resolve complex and multi-disciplinary issues;
* Ensure that databases are monitored, maintained, backed up, and available as appropriate;
* Manage database security with an adherence to security policy;
* Automate management tasks, streamline processes, and perform standard administrative functions;
* Mentor, assist, encourage, and serve as a backup to other team members.
The client is looking for the following background and skills:
* Must have an understanding of MySQL's underlying storage engines;
* Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL;
* Must have knowledge of limitations in MySQL and their workarounds in contrast to other popular relational databases;
* Strong knowledge of ODBC/JDBC client/server communication;
* Automation experience with 'shell' and 'SQL' scripting;
*Analytical skills necessary to perform troubleshooting of errors and performance issues;
* Experience with Oracle 11g, 12c and GoldenGate 13.X a plus and
*Work experience with OLTP, OLAP, Staging, and Data warehouse configuration.
Pyramid Consulting Group is a recognized leader in today's Information Technology staffing industry. Founded in 1996, Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is a professional firm specializing in I.T. Consulting and permanent placement services in the greater Pittsburgh area.
The Pittsburgh Technology Council and The Pittsburgh Business Times have recognized Pyramid's accomplishments by honoring us as one of the Top Fastest Growing Businesses and "Top 50" for many years.
Regardless of the position, Pyramid presents clients with the highest quality of candidates. We conduct business with clients and candidates personally and professionally, building strong relationships with both.
Pyramid Consulting Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based upon sex, race, religion, marital status or national origin when making a decision to hire an individual.
2800 Corporate Dr Ste 101
Wexford, PA 15090-7604, US