Uses fundamental engineering concepts, practices, and procedures to analyze operational data/methods, identify performance improvement opportunities, and/or implement technology systems that meet business objectives.
Detailed summary in the areas of: OPERATIONS TECHNOLOGY: Researches, designs, develops, deploys, and/or supports new and current technology solutions to improve performance and reduce operating costs with management guidance and support. Participates on cross-functional project teams responsible for implementing new technology.
• Analyzes performance data within engineering. Utilizes engineering tools and software to analyze data and answers basic engineering questions.
• Researches, analyzes, and effectively consolidates technical or engineering related information and presents for management review.
• Prepares, with management guidance, accurate expenditure proposals and/or cost justification analysis.
• Formulates and presents document research, progress, and results to team members and internal customers.
• Applies project management fundamentals and concepts with management guidance. Develops progress reports, meeting minutes, and field communication memos for management review.
• Participates in Control Self Monitoring (CSM) and/or Business Control Self-Assessment (BCSA) process within area of responsibility.
Other Job Description Information
This position is in the Technology Research Group. The group is responsible for identifying technology solutions to solve current and future business needs. Team members lead projects from concept through implementation partnering with internal stakeholders as well as external vendors. In this position team members study emerging trends and develop ways to apply new products and solutions that will maximize value to the organization.
The nature of the work relies on team members having strong analytical skills, excellent communications skills, and the ability to work well with others in cross functional settings.
% of Travel for the Position: 0%-25% Address: 1000 FedEx Drive City: Moon Township State: Pennsylvania Zip Code: 15108 Domicile Location: P090
FedEx Ground is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer (Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans) committed to a diverse workforce
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical or quantitative degree (e.g. mathematics) required; in addition to Minimum Experience, high school diploma or GED and four (4) years experience in applicable technical area is accepted in lieu of degree.
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
• None required.
Required Skills, Abilities And / Or Licensure
• Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
• Verbal and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of management.
• Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
• Time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
• Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
Preferred Qualifications: Experience with sensor networks, Internet of Things, robotics, or technology solution development. This experience can be from work, school, hobbies, etc.