Our client has an immediate opening for a Controls Engineer, who is motivated, personable, works independently and possesses a strong technical background in industrial controls and automation with at least 3 years experience in a relevant field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* PLC & CNC programming of proprietary control system
* Interface of client control with customer control via various protocols, including Ethernet, ProfiBus, DeviceNet, OPC, etc.
* Control panel, electrical – and safety circuits design
* Specify control hardware and equipment
* Generating electrical schematics, using AutoCAD
* Customer support by phone and on-site
* Customer training on equipment in-house and on-site
* Generate documentation on custom engineered control systems
* Close interaction with mechanical design engineers
* BS degree in Electrical Engineering. Equivalent experience considered
* 5+ years experience with PLC programming
* SQL database
* 5+ years experience software and hardware aspect of controls used for industrial automation
* Experience with Servo drives / electro mechanical actuators
* Solid experience with Auto CAD
* Familiarity of ISO, EN, ANSI & NFPA regulations and standards
* Statement List type PLC programming a plus
* Good mechanical understanding. Hands-on experience a plus
* Knowledge of Windows and Linux based software
* Willing and able to travel as needed, domestic & international
About Technical Solutions, Inc.
Technical Solutions Inc is the "Premier Technical Service Provider in Pittsburgh", providing technical services to our clients on a consulting, contract, contract to direct, or direct hire basis.
We specialize in engineers, software programmers, drafters/designers, and technicians in all disciplines, as well as management consulting, supervisory and management staff.
We also provide software development personnel specializing in engineering applications for knowledge-based systems, embedded software development, network engineering, high level and PLC programming and factory automation systems programming.
Our clients, located throughout the Western Pennsylvania Tri-state area include: industrial, high-tech design, steel related, robotics, food and chemical processing, optics and medical instrument manufacturing, power generation, oil & gas and engineering firms.