The System Architect role requires architecture design leadership for various lines of business and enterprise applications, from custom web solutions, 3rd party vendor products, and open source options. Responsible for web application architecture, service architecture, and technical design for high interoperability and modularity, and low technical coupling. This role requires extensive experience in architecting and deploying web-based and web-enabled business applications, and must possess hands-on experience in coding, deploying distributed architectures and platforms, creating architectural quality controls, designing for scalability and performance, and implementing impactful technology solutions.
Scope of Activities
1) Responsible for cross-discipline view on solution development including analyzing technical trade-offs, determining major applications, application components, and subsystems, and defining scalable interfaces and collaboration between IT assets.
2) Define, assist in implementing, and continually evolving IT system architectural designs. This will include first assessing numerous custom application assets, mapping out current architecture, and understanding other potential IT solutions that could be integrated into the Client’s overall IT landscape.
3) Lead efforts to decouple IT application components and enhance IT system's overall interoperability and modularity, by way of API management design and implementation, leveraging open data concepts, etc. Develop a realistic approach and implementation plan to achieve greater interoperability and modularity maturity.
4) Define and maintain adherence to IT system's architectural fitness functions. Includes working with development team to create automated fitness function metrics and tracking controls to measure the health and adherence to architectural designs. The output of these fitness function metrics serve as input into the constant evolution of the Client’s IT system architecture.
5) Stay abreast of trends in technology across all industries and identifying what could be impactful to the business of the Client.
6) Leading a team in identifying proof of concept spikes that provide insight into potential positive impacts to the Client’s existing IT systems and leading a team.
7) Develop an approach to support hypothesis-driven development, to enable silently incorporating end users into the design and development feedback loop.
8) Develop an approach to manage dependencies within and between applications
9) Develop an approach to identify, manage, and rectify existing technical debt
10) Support development teams in adhering to architectural design and coding quality standards (eg, service templates)
11) Work with portfolio and enterprise stakeholders, particularly the Enterprise Architect, to ensure alignment with enterprise standards and objectives.
Credentials and Experience
1) Bachelor's degree in computer science, system analysis, a related study, or equivalent experience
2) Minimum of five years of design and implementation experience in IT, with a deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: application development, application programming interfaces (APIs), application architectural design, database management, configuration management, or Devops
3) Exposure to multiple, diverse technical configurations, technologies and processing environments
4) Experience with integration hubs or similar middleware tools or platforms a plus
1) Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
2) Excellent API service design and implementation skills
3) Excellent technical skills, specifically in .NET, R, and python
4) Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5) Strong leadership skills, including fostering a collocative culture, facilitation, being a servant-leader
6) Knowledge of technology architecture approaches, specifically with a slant toward creating decoupled solutions
7) Knowledge and understanding of different programing languages and their underlying concepts (modeling (UML), object oriented, etc)
8) Basic understanding of agile delivery methodologies
9) Leveraging technology as a whole to ultimately achieve business objectives
Courage to speak up
Comfortable working in an agile delivery model
About Logix Guru, LLC
At Logix Guru LLC, we value our professionals and offer exciting challenges, friendly work environment, with opportunity for individual growth and advancement.