IQ Inc. is passionate about our employees and the clients with which we partner with! We find creative solutions to technical problems and incorporate collaborative environments that make a positive impact on day to day operations! We have a “people first” mentality and provide high-quality software to our clients, while supplying a rewarding, fun, collaborative, and flexible work environment.
We are currently in need of a SeniorEmbedded Software Engineer that will contribute to the design and development of distributed control software within a robotic device. This role will be responsible for ensuring that the design and implementation are robust, maintainable, and meet requirements.
The software architecture is component-based, using modern C++ features. This role works directly with other engineering disciplines to design, implement, and verify subsystems in a highly collaborative environment, following and contributing to best practices in engineering. Excellent communication skills are a must!
• Works within the team to build product deliverables based on overall architecture direction • Works closely with business stakeholders to understand business requirements
• Works in an agile environment implementing software for specific requirements
• Develops clear and readable code
• Creates unit, functional, and integration testing environments or components and root cause analyses (replicate, debug) for simple to moderately complex features
• Meets the ‘Definition of Done’ and promotes coding standards
• Participates in team retrospectives to improve the software development process
• Works on business-critical products that operate with high reliability and are distributed nationwide to many clients
• Troubleshoots problems with existing or newly-developed software
• Mentors junior engineers to help with their careers and skill
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology, or other engineering field of study with programming course work
Minimum 10 years of experience in software engineering using one of more of the following: Java, C, C++ or C#
Experience with machine automation
Experience developing software in a regulated industry
Experience with low-level embedded systems and “bare metal” coding
Experience with cross-functional engineering teams
Familiar with Agile practices
We're also looking for someone who is an analytical thinker, motivated by working as part of a terrific team, is great with people, and doesn’t take themselves too seriously.
IQ Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, IQ Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
IQ Inc. expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of IQ Inc.’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Internal Number: OC3005A
About IQ Inc.
IQ Inc. is a woman-owned small business headquartered in Monroeville, PA. Since 1994 IQ has delivered software development and consulting services in ways that best meet our customers’ needs; including complete end-to-end software projects in our state-of-the-art development center. IQ also services our customers through staff augmentation engagements, contract-to-hire and direct placement. We work with our clients to create partnerships not just business relationships.