Job ID: 2021-4682 Type: Full-Time # of Openings: 1 Category: Information Technology MSA, The Safety Company
If you are passionate about data and Azure cloud services, excited about the latest trends in data analytics and cloud technology, motivated by solving complex problems, and would like to make an impact that saves lives, MSA Safety wants you!
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust.
As a member of the Data Analytics and Agile Platforms team, you will serve as the key player in building our enterprise cloud data platform in Azure and lead the design, development, and delivery of end-to-end data analytics solutions using Azure services. You will also have the opportunity to learn and grow by contributing to cloud architecture strategies, roadmaps, and developments across others areas of IT to help shape and grow our Azure ecosystem beyond data analytics.
• Owns the enterprise cloud data platform in Azure and designs new data architectures • Works with the Azure stack to build modern solutions for data analytics • Creates data integration strategies between disparate systems and the cloud data platform • Ensures that data strategies and architectures meet compliance and privacy requirements • Establishes processes and tools for governing and discovering data and metadata • Establishes processes and tools for tracking and maintaining data quality • Interacts with business users to plan, develop, improve, and maintain data solutions • Provides high level cost and resource estimates for Azure IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings • Drives innovation by keeping current on emerging technology and data trends • Serves as an expert in Azure data services and mentor other technical team members • Seeks opportunities to help shape and grow our Azure ecosystem beyond data analytics
• Exhibits a contagious passion for technology, a strong disdain for the status quo, and an ability to build partnerships
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Demonstrated success in working with Azure data services (e.g. Azure Data Factory, Azure Data Lake, Azure Databricks, Azure Logic Apps, Azure Synapse, Azure Machine Learning, etc.)
• Demonstrated success in leading the design, development, and deployment of end-to-end data analytics solutions using Azure data services
• Knowledge of SQL and demonstrated success in working with relational databases, data modeling, query authoring, performance tuning and security • Knowledge of scripting languages, markup languages, automation and deployment tools such as PowerShell, JSON, ARM Templates, Azure Automation, Azure DevOps/Git, etc. • Knowledge of IaaS, PaaS and SaaS across Microsoft Azure • Knowledge of cloud cost management and monitoring solutions • Proven ability to seamlessly blend deep technical knowledge with a high level of business savvy, emotional intelligence, grit, and mindset • Demonstrated ability to lead or participate in business sessions to identify and document analytic use cases • Demonstrated ability to communicate complex concepts in a simple, business value context • Proven ability to take ownership, work independently, and manage simultaneous projects
• Ability to travel up to 10% globally
• Working knowledge of Azure Monitor, Azure Log Analytics, Azure Security Center, Azure Key Vault • Working knowledge of Azure policies, tags, RBAC and governance best practices such as Azure resource organization, deployment and support • Strong programming skills using advanced statistical tools (R, Python, SAS, etc.) with ability to manipulate data for analytical purposes, conduct statistical data analysis, and build predictive models
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Information Science, Computer Science, Data Science or related discipline
This position is available at three different career levels based on education, experience, etc:
• Level one: 6 years IT experience; 1 year of leadership experience in leading cross-functional project and technical teams • Level two: 8 years IT experience; 2 years of leadership experience in leading cross-functional project and technical teams • Level three: 10 years IT experience; 3 years of leadership experience in leading cross-functional project and technical teams
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination.
As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know.Contact Us MSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
MSA Safety Inc., is the global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of sophisticated safety products, instruments, and services that protect people’s health, safety, and the environment. Being a member of the MSA team provides the opportunity to help protect the safety and lives of people across the globe.
MSA offers a best in class total rewards package including medical, dental, and life insurance along with a broad range of additional benefits including tuition reimbursement and the opportunity to be part of a world leader in protecting people’s safety and lives. This is an excellent opportunity with tremendous growth potential in a well-established and growing International Company. MSA provides a dynamic work environment and the opportunity to work in a global environment. We are looking for energetic candidates with strong business experience who have the drive and motivation to succeed in a team environment.