The Database Administrator IV role uses Oracle’s database software solutions in a secure and efficient manner. The DBA will work closely with Functional Analysts, Project Managers, Software Architects and the Development group. Oracle DBAs handle capacity planning, evaluate database server hardware/software, and manage all aspects of the Oracle database landscape including installation, configuration, design, patching, and data migration. Additional responsibilities include performance tuning, monitoring, security, backups, troubleshooting, and data recovery.
Role typically requires over 7 years of experience.
- Keep abreast of changes in oracle standards, technologies and/or methodologies
- Install and upgrade Oracle database-related software
- Allocate system storage and plan future storage requirements for database systems
- Create, review and QC new databases
- Create, review and QC database storage structures and objects
- Create, review and QC modification of database components as necessary
- Create, review and QC database security
- Ensure compliance with Oracle license agreement
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Create, review and QC backup and recovery of databases
- Consult with Oracle Corporation for technical support issues
- Tune instance components including SQL and PL/SQL
- Create, review and QC DDL changes
- Review and QC application related changes to database design
- Maintain migrations and refreshes of Oracle data across the enterprise
- Create, review and QC highly available database systems
- Develop, review and QC data interface protocols
- Patching Oracle systems
- Predicting future Oracle trends for hardware usage and user load
- Adhere to Change management practices
- Oracle database software and features (9i to 19c)
- Golden gate
- Unix/Linux shell scripting experience
- OEM and management packs
- RAC and clusterware
- Data guard
- AWR, Statspack, Tkprof
Does not supervise others.
Roles at this level require industry specific experience. Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. With7+ years of relevant experience.
Primary focus is on daily deliverables, outputs and reporting. Accountable for managing one’s own time and workflow. Responsibilities are generally tactical in nature and work is typically of moderate to complex in nature requiring the incumbent to draw on previous knowledge to perform role. Continues to build knowledge base but has a solid foundation to act independently the majority of the time. Still draws on experts and managers when needed but not frequently.
Problems and issues faced are vague. Draws on significant past experience to perform role. Proficient in the body of knowledge of given discipline or specialty area. Accountable for direct level of reasoning and decision making.